10 min Peer Training/ Q and A Secession
John and Nancy completed today, joined the Steering Committee
– don’t always accept the premises of peoples questions (most people have a different set on assumptions they are bringing into the conversation)
-Difference between CR and Move to Amend etc.
-nimbyISM VS. RIGHTS ELEVATION
Neighborhood vs. Community Bill of Rights discussion
– equal access to public resources vs. neighborhood right to local self-governance
– take the ideas of the Colorado state level activity and scale it down to neighborhood/city
– model neighborhood bill of rights
– city charter amendment to empower and protect neighborhood right to self-governance and equal access to public resources between neighborhood
– neighborhood majority votes to veto over city counsel decisions effecting all neighborhoods
neighborhoods finding issues that effect health, safety, and welfare
What do homeless rights, elderly rights have to do with neighborhoods ability to address issues and ensure quality of life?
ALL – read Colorado amendment
Ethan and Caiti – ask Annaliva fir contact with activists